Monday 22 September 2014

Red As Cherry

Assalamualaikum w.b.t. & ciao ~



      Here is a bit of a treat or a light into to our topic today. *Drum rolls*  

Menstruation!

       Every single woman, lady, girl or babe has been through this, is going through this or will be going through this sooner or later.. I am crazy sure about that ! It is human nature and it is what Allah S.W.T. has promised us all ladies.. Well, I ain't complaining about Allah's provisions but it is not exactly something that wonderful which every person who has never been through menstruation wishes for. Young girls always dream of becoming a 'real woman' after having one. Men always think it is an easy and simple thing. Well, FYI, it is not ! 

      First of all, IT IS A HASSLE EVERYTIME WE HAVE PERIODS! It is like war down there every month and it is not just war with ourselves but also with other people around us. Get this.. Women with periods are just as sensitive as pregnant women. We complain thrice as much, we cry thrice as much and we get happy thrice as much. In short words, we do things thrice as much as we normally do. Seriously, i get this a lot and I've seen this a lot.. Women with menstruation have mood swings in just a matter of seconds. I might be happy this minute but I might be crying the next minute.. WHY?? I DON'T KNOW! Hormones, I guess? And let me tell you something about mood swings.. It can get as worst as Hurricane Sandy. You ain't know nothing unless you've been through it, SERIOUSLY. It's soooo scary to see your girlfriends suddenly, show up with all those gloomy, sullen, morose, sad, scary, eye-piercing faces.. Oooooo~ Don't even imagine it.. And for us girls who have actually woken up with these faces, surely understand how guilty we are for making people misunderstanding and awkward with our condition.. ARGHHH! I hate that the most! I mean, it is none of my intention to make people wonder or talk bout our moody-selves and incapability of staying cool. BUT! Life can get really crazy especially during our periods and hectic... HUHU~

       Besides, I am pretty sure every girl agrees with me that choosing the right pad is actually pretty much like choosing clothes. It can get pretty hard to find the perfect one, you know.. I mean, we have to consider the comfort it offers, the material it is made of, the durability and the practicality of the pads. See~ it is hard, right? Sooo.. I REALLY, REALLY respect guys who know how to choose the right pads for their ladies.. It is something every guy should know how to do coz you guys will have a wife or daughters one day or at least you guys already have a mother or sisters, right? So, it is kind of a bonus points for you guys to be quick and concerned of our needs. Ohh.. girls~ you should figure out your own preference too, okay? Because nobody is the same right? Same goes to your own comfort and preferences.. Well, you can take it easy though.. I mean, I figured out mine after trying a number of different brands so you can experiment a bit till you find your best ;))

      By the way, do you girls also get cravings or lack of appetite? I am not sure myself if I get those consistently but I do sometimes, lack of appetite during my first two days of period. It is not that distinct but I guess hormones do disrupt your appetite and sense of smell because i get extra sensitive with smell whenever i have periods... I get nauseous easier when I smell foul food or products.. Kind of like pregnant women, right? HAHA.. Well, I should get used to it too if I want to have a baby, i guess? >__<  

     OHH! One more thing! Do you girls not have cramps??!! O MAII GADDDD!! I HATE IT SOO MUCH!! Soooo painful! Most of us can't even stand or sleep or even sit, right? It is not just me, right? Just thinking of it makes me cringe.. URGHH! Imagine it people! Imagine you having your uterus (is that right?) getting stab everytime you want to move a bit... Plus, it is soooo hard to find the right posture or position when you sit or lie down  without feeling that pain and hurt.. HUHU~ It is soo painful that some girls even take medication like panadol to ease their pain but I usually don't coz medications are'nt exactly good for your body in long period of time.. So, I usually go with natural measures like using hot water bottle to warm you uterus part and make it more comfortable.. I seriously have no other way to describe so i am sorry if you cannot imagine it or feel offended.. *sorry Well, it works like magic everytime and even applying some oil or 'minyak panas' would work too. Find your best solution and it will be the saviour of your life every month! 
       Okay! I guess that is it.. It's quite long and it is kind of a sensitive topic right? I hope it won't offend anyone instead of helping someone.. hehehe.. Just want to share with you girls and be strong! Have a nice period & Toodles ~


     
Love,
Rahimah 

2 comments:

  1. hahaha.i like this one :) you described it well enough

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks ;)) Well, I suppose I should be able to describe it well enough to be called a girl, right?

    ReplyDelete