Thursday 18 September 2014

I Am The Baddest Female

   
Assalamualaikum w.b.t. & Annyeonghaseyo ~
       Soooo.. What is this CL-powered song all about ?? Duhhhh~ Just as the title of the song says, it is all about being the baddest female. It is not just any kind of hormone-filled, emotional homo sapiens but the baddest, bad-ass, kick-ass female of them all. There are plenty of girl power songs out there, seriously. However, I chose this particular song because I am pretty much a K-pop fan myself and I listen to a lot of K-pop songs everyday. This song is a favorite and it is in my playlist so I do listen to it most of the time and honestly, I can relate to this song. It is like a chant for me to stay strong and keep going forward no matter what comes in front of me. It is like my inner self talking to me.


Yeah, I’m strong, very fierce 
Someone like you can’t ever handle me 
I don’t have an ounce of jealousy in me
Even fortune tellers can’t figure out my heart 
       However, I am still not as strong as I wish to be. I am still a timid girl who cries every time I am hurt, frets every time I don't get what I want, stomps feet every time I am scold at. Well, that is me. You girls might not be me but I believe however tough, independent, strong grown-up 'woman' you are, deep inside you, there is still that delicate, sensitive little girl hidden somewhere in that little corner of your heart. Seriously. I have an older sister whom I look up to a lot while growing up maybe because we have a huge age gap (6 years to be exact!). I always feel a bit distant from her and I respect her more than I respect other girls of her age because she somehow emits this aura of maturity. Of course, I love her with all of my heart and I wish no other sister than her but as sisters, we do fight.. A LOT... And it does not always end up pretty. One of us might end up crying right on the spot (usually it is me) and the other one might just keep all of her feelings pent up. But I know however much feelings she has been hiding and shutting away, she is still a girl and just like other girls, she will eventually, explode like a volcano eruption. HAHA.. Well, it is human nature, right? Women's nature actually. 
       What I am trying to convey here is that it is great for a girl to build herself up strong, tough and fierce. There is nothing wrong with it. BUT. There is also nothing wrong with being delicate, soft-hearted and sensitive women. It is how we are created by Allah S.W.T. after all. Nevertheless, it is best to know your limits and be moderate with every aspects of life. Balance is everything to be a better person, right? 
       Apart from that,  I just hope every other human being especially the men, will understand us more without having us to enunciate every little thing because truthfully, just as Stephen Hawking said, "Women. They are a complete mystery." We might be strong on the surface but just like an iceberg, we are much like the tiny tip of the iceberg which is visible to people but a huge part of it hidden under the surface of the water. Unpredictable, unexpected and most of all, full of surprises. Of course, I DO wish all of the girls out there and even me to grow up beautiful and elegant, strong and powerful, just and independent women.

Love,
Rahimah

No comments:

Post a Comment