Sunday 12 October 2014

Girls, Books, Romance & Edward Cullen

Assalamualaikum w.b.t. & Halla~

What do you guys do for fun when you have that extra time of your day?

Me, without the roses and the swing.. And very much everything else.. 

      Well, as for me, I find reading novels and books as a pleasurable and relaxing thing to do whenever I am free or just bored or stressed of studying and assignments.. I don't know if it is scientifically proven or not, but I think women tend to read more than men do and we prefer fiction books with the genres of romance and fantasy. At least, I do...

      I used to read a lot when I was in high school but I stopped when I became 16.. Reasons? I shifted my passion to K-pop.. HAHA.. However, I have succumbed to reading novels again lately, and it is not a very good thing for me now. I mean, reading is good and all but I am facing my final exams SOON.. And I don't think I need this kind of distraction for it may jeopardize my exams' results and worst, my future!

      Hmmm.. Apparently, even if people say that reading is good for us which I totally agree with, I have to say that it is not sooo good for me.. Okay, the reason being is that reading makes me passive. When I succumbed to books, I might as well not move for hours and hours, staying up till past wee hours and skipping my meals.. That's how badly obsessed I am with reading.. My doctor once, well, more than once actually, chided me for reading too much and not moving as much.. hehe.. It was that bad for me.. Unknowingly, reading excessively especially without having any breaks may affect our health.. Not to mention our eyes as it would be too stressed out from all the reading. Of course, I am not saying reading is bad but we have to be modest in doing anything and to care for our health and our surroundings..

       Ohh! I am quite curious as to why girls prefer fiction novels especially romance novels compared to other genres.. Hmm.. I asked my roommates and one of them said that we prefer  it because it is as a way for us to get out of the reality.. Hmmmmm... I kind of agree with her because women like to daydream and fantasize about their dream romance, rightttt? Well, I do.. Sometimes.. Oppss.. There goes my secret.. I supposed it is because women like to get imaginative and creative when it comes to romance.. I mean, most of us have our own dream guy or dream husband, even if that guy is sooo ridiculously perfect and may not even exists in real life.. Still, we, ladies love the idea of perfection in love... Just like the idea of Edward Cullen from the Twilight Saga (my favourite book, so far ! GO GO TWI-hard!) who is sooooo freaking perfect and handsome and hot and on top of that, he is a freaking VAMPIRE !! How in the world could a blood-sucking creature be the perfect guy every girl covets?? *sigh Girls will always be girls..

      That is all, girls! I hope you enjoy the post this time around as I think many of us can relate..rightttt? hehe.. Well, keep calm and keep reading but don't forget your responsibilities and love yourself more, k! 


Love,
Rahimah

No comments:

Post a Comment